Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Con of Hiring a Coach Fired By Another Team
(12-21-2017, 11:44 AM)pally Wrote: Coaches who have been fired have gone on to win Super Bowls and coaches that have won Super Bowls have been fired. So in my mind we cannot immediately dismiss a potential coach because of a previous firing  There are plenty of situations that insiders are far more likely to have more details about than we fans do.  But I do hope we look outside the "family" for a new coach.  I think the team needs fresh eyes and ideas.

For sure and Jay can atleast do a decent job scouting as we saw with him wanting Dalton over Kaep and Mallett.

To me the crying over the scouting department really isn't something we can change. MB will have to step aside,
Katie would have to hire a GM that knows football and knows good scouts to improve this.

The one thing i might add is it doesn't matter who we get at coach if he has to inherit these terrible coaches we
still have here. PA, Haslett, Guenther, Coyle, Urban have all been bad this year and all need gone.

This next HC needs to be able to pick his own coaches, if he wants to keep around a couple guys like Lazor, Burney
and Simmons i am not against it. Just give the coach this opportunity.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Con of Hiring a Coach Fired By Another Team - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-21-2017, 06:16 PM