Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is our biggest need in the draft?
(12-18-2017, 11:38 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I'm your opinion what is our biggest need on draft day? Assuming we get a coach that is allowed to draft the guys he wants without Mikey screwing it up. Hopefully, he gives him the keys to the lumina, and allow him to sign free agents as well. I tried to make this a poll question, but when I select poll. Nothing changes, much like the bungles.

1. Offensive tackle- ced sucks and the justly is still out on fisher he could be the answer but probably not. Plus we could possibly sign a fa and draft a center late to get rid of bodine.

2. Cornerback- Jackson dre and denard look fine but paceman is 34 and can no longer play the way he used to. If we get the right trade for mccarron we could draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round

3. De I like johnson, but dude is getting old and has lost a step he's a great player but he rarely gets pressure on the we anymore

4. Safety- sure iloka is good but he could really use some help. When we had n loan out secondary was dominant. Iloka is more of the help guy rather than the man we could use another great safety

5. Quarterback- yes I know we have 3 time pro bowler Mandy but this is a qb heavy draft and we will have a top 10 pick. If the right guy is there you draft him. Mandy will get his chances to prove he's still the guy but a new head coach will not let him sit there and throw bad pass after bad pass like he's continued to do. He's a great guy but that doesn't translate to a winning qb. I know it's not all his fault because our line blows but if would be nice to have a qb in waiting so if Mandy doesn't play to expectations you go to the next guy.

6. Wide receiver- I know we have 50 of them but we gotta see what ross brings to the table. I'm not ready to label him a bust yet but whatever coach comes in has to get him on the field and see what he can do. Lafell is not the answer neither is Boyd. It's yet to be determined what will happen with eiffert the only way he will be resigned is if it's for a box of cracker jacks. He it will take him a while to get back to his old self. Kraft is serviceable but maybe you let eiffert walk and take a te/we in rounds 4-7 we found Marvin Jones in round 5 and he wasn't too bad.

All that said my bengal friends what do we need to draft first assuming we do the norm and nothing I'm fa. I am optimistic that the new coach will have more leeway as he will demand things like that if Mikey wants a good coach. What are your thoughts about what we need and do you agree or disagree and is there a snowballs chance in hell Mikey will allow the new head coach to actually call the shots? In Mikey's open letter to the fans he said he will do what it takes to win, will he stand by that?
Can we draft a new owner??
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is our biggest need in the draft? - bengalsfansince93 - 12-22-2017, 12:29 AM