Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick - a legit concern
(12-22-2017, 12:56 AM)jowczarski Wrote: All I'll say is he will not be cut until the start of the 2020 season at the earliest, when there would only be a $2.4 million dead cap hit. Being released before 2021 would be a $1.4 million cap hit. Safe to say, get used to 27.

The only thing that will be interesting to watch is if a new coaching staff comes in, how that goes. They'll be paying Dennard $8.5 million next year and have to decide if they want to extend him. WJ3 should've been a Pro Bowl alternate this year, IMO, and I agree with Marvin that he will be an All-Pro. He's that good. And in two years, you'll need to pick up his fifth-year option and extend him if he stays on this path. So, does a new coach/staff "get more" out of 27? If it's a completely new hire (i.e. not an internal) they may have no loyalty to 27, and let 21 and 23 start. I guess we'll know in August/September. But he's here.

I think you touch on an interesting subject here.  From all accounts I've heard, Marvin is a player's coach.  Maybe you get a guy that comes in and says "produce, or sit", and people play with a little fear of losing their job.  Maybe a fresh set of eyes sees something they can tweak in some of these guys' games to get them to play better.  Who knows.  One thing's for sure in my eyes, there hasn't been a whole lot of accountability under Marvin's watch.  This needs to change.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick - a legit concern - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-22-2017, 11:20 AM