Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat.
(12-22-2017, 12:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I agree.  But folks have used it forever to justify one "race" being better than another.  Or just some "other" group.

https://www.salon.com/2015/06/13/the_bibles_racist_monstrosities_how_the_word_of_god_has_been_%E2%80%94_and_still_is_%E2%80%94_used_to_oppress/

Those folks aren't Christians.  They're hypocrites.

I wish everyone had been at my church the weekend of the Charlottesville riot.  Our pastor took the time that is usually dedicated to music and gave a very moving speech on it.  I was moved to tears.  At the end, he said something to the effect of "First Baptist Church stands against what happened in Virginia.  If you don't this may not be the church for you."

That took guts in small town Kentucky, and he received a 5 minute standing ovation accordingly.  I don't know where this stuff comes from, but it isn't present in my view of Jesus Christ.  I was compelled to wait in line at the end of the service and offer my support for his message as he shook hands with the congregation and gave the man a hug.  It was a very moving scene.  THIS is why I go to church, and THESE are my people.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat. - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-22-2017, 01:03 PM