Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleacher Report Scouts Say we have a bottom 5 OT and Center
(12-22-2017, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That seems like a pretty good plan.  Though, isn't Williams another injury guy?

Yeah, the Combine will tell on Conner, really talented mauler in the run game though. With a new O-line coach
he might be able to coach the guy up. McGlinchey i also really like in the first but has problems with speed rushers.

(12-22-2017, 02:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've drafted a lot of really strong guys that haven't had that strength translate to the playing field it seems.

For sure, i blame PA. Doesn't teach technique well and passive Zone Blocking does not help these guys out.

(12-22-2017, 03:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is because preparing to perform at the combine is a bit like perfecting your favorite party trick.  I once knew a guy that bench pressed 225 for 25 reps, it was his thing.  However, that same guy got buried under 315, and we had to pull it off of him.

I feel the same way about some of the 40 and shuttle times.  Anyone can train like a track athlete for 3 months and boost their speed, agility numbers.  The real measure is playing speed, and playing strength.  You can't get an accurate measure of playing speed and strength at the underwear Olympics.  To determine that, you have to watch the film.

Yep, have to watch the film on these guys to know what you really have. Can only put so much stock in the Combine.

But Conner Williams is extremely talented and the Combine like i said will tell with him. If he isn't at the Combine he is 
off my radar in the first. I would take McGlinchey over him if we go OT. Without question Quentin Nelson if we go Guard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bleacher Report Scouts Say we have a bottom 5 OT and Center - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-22-2017, 04:12 PM