Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new coach won’t change much
(12-23-2017, 11:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: The motto for the 2018 season has been announced and Larry David has already filed suit against the team for copyright infringement..Curb your enthusiasm..
Mikey not wanting to lose a nickel relented and the new motto will be We're gonna suck and I'm still gonna get rich!   Katie's dog Scruffy has been named the interim head coach in the event that Marvin actually leaves. 

Not sure I quite get the jest of this thread. ML has lost this team. Some say it was this year. I say it’s been coming since last season.

The effort has not been there. And, regardless of the OC, the last couple of seasons this offense is as predictable (and totally unimaginative) as death and taxes.

We’ve seen the past few weeks how the players are really disconnected with ML. Not playing the high draft picks, or not getting them ready to get on the field, is the HC’s job (in addition to the coordinators). ML has been terrible doing that. As such, he’s had to scramble when the veteran play has fallen off, or the veterans were hurt. Clock management (or lack thereof) has cost more than a few games over the years.

As much as some like Guenther, he couldn’t draw up an effective blitz to save his life. LaZor isn’t the guy. He’s had roughly an entire season to recreate the offense and we’re right back where we started at the beginning of the season.

The right HC (and his coordinators and assistants) will transform a team...as ML did 15 years ago, as Zimmer did with the Vikings, etc.

To say the HC has NO bearing on how the team performs is, at best, disingenuous.

This new page will be a good move and have a positive effect on the Bengals IF( big IF) they choose one of the top assistants out there and let them do their job.

Let’s not revisit the retreads like Gruden, Simmons, Jackson, Guenther.

I do like the idea of PAt Schurmur or Josh McDaniels. There is a lot of talent on both sides of the ball with the Bengals. ML couldn’t synch with it, but a new coach, looking with a new set of eyes, probably could do quite a bit with it.

And, we now know Dalton has hit his ceiling. He’s not going to magically get better. From what ML says, his confidence is pretty fragile, too. So, maybe we let the new HC move in a different direction. With the pick the Bengals will have (top 10), we can get a pretty damned good QB.

Anyway, let’s move away from ML and the retreads. Bengals will be a better team as a result. A new (good) HC will change....A LOT!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A new coach won’t change much - jj22 - 12-22-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: A new coach won’t change much - McC - 12-23-2017, 12:51 AM
RE: A new coach won’t change much - Graphicguy - 12-23-2017, 01:53 PM