Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid
(05-21-2015, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder why they listed the compensation prior to travel and didn't state it would be capped at this amount. I have taken business trips in which travel expenses are paid and never have been told how much I will be paid prior to turning in my expenses. I'd imagine $2,000 for a group of 6 to travel from St Louis to Feguson seems about right for "travel expenses".

Folks see what they want to see and close their eyes to the things they do not.

We always know how much we will be paid when we travel for business. They are set amounts for meals, so if we go over it's on us, under we benefit. Hotels are best rate in the area, etc.

Anyway, it does say that amount is for "6+", so it could be for an even larger group. Maybe renting a van to haul everyone, gas for it, maybe hotel rooms. Especially considering how long they could end up there that bill could rack up. That $2000 amount could only cover a portion, or it could cover it all. This isn't like a travel reimbursement, it's more like a grant.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid - Belsnickel - 05-21-2015, 12:49 PM