Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated
(05-21-2015, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hate to break this to you, but nothing can 100% prevent children whether in public or at home from being exposed to illnesses, fatal or otherwise.

Shocking!

Quote:Using your logic, we might as well outlaw peanuts. I mean, there are tons of kids with peanut allergies so severe that just the smell of peanuts puts them in anaphylactic shock and there are more and more everyday. Might as well start now with the gluten ban as well. Heck, let's start a war on bees to protect our children!!!

Nope, and yet more false equivalency from you Phil.

(05-21-2015, 12:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And you're perfectly in your rights to feel that way, but your beliefs should not trample on other people's rights. If some religious idiot thinks that it's a sin to let their child be seen by a physician, then that's their right. If that child dies, well, that's one less religious idiot in the world, right? (I mean, if they lived, they're just going to grow up with their parents' beliefs anyways.)

Actually, it's quite illegal for a person to let a child die because they refuse to get medical attention due to religious belief.

Quote:Just because you don't like something is not reason enough to force governmental intrusion into other people's lives. Couch it in terms of public safety all you like, the fact is that this issue is not endemic enough to warrant the blatant removal of parent's constitutional rights.

Oh, I agree, my disliking something is not reason enough to force anyone to do anything. Someone exposing infants to deadly diseases by choice is enough reason. It's not endemic now because enough smart people still exist that get their kids vaccinated. Thankfully it won't become endemic now that we won't allow people to opt out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: California Passes SB 277 Forcing All Children To Get Vaccinated - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-21-2015, 01:03 PM