Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a feeling Marvin will be back...
(12-28-2017, 04:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Those two at least had Super Bowl success on their side when given a FO job.

I meant he was fed up and burned out with being in Cincy, not coaching in general. I don’t recall Marv ever in his 14 prior years throwing so many players under the bus. He’s usually been very protective of his players. That’s what leads me to believe he knows he’s not coming back here.

I don't think he's burned out with either one. I think he's just pissed that he didn't get his extension and his future is unsettled. He's lashed out at players before, specifically 2010 when he turned hard on Chad and had rookie Dunlap in his dog house. The lashing out is just Marv looking out for #1. It's like a dog when it gets backed into a corner. He senses his livelihood is at stake, and he's lashing out because of it.

I think Marv is quite comfortable in his current situation and wouldn't want to start over elsewhere...but he's not necessarily burned out on Cincy or coaching in general. Just my opinion.

As for the FO stuff, I'm not saying anyone would hire him. That said, 7 playoff appearances and division experience has to look enticing to a team like the Browns.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a feeling Marvin will be back... - Shake n Blake - 12-28-2017, 04:20 PM