Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a feeling Marvin will be back...
(12-28-2017, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think he's burned out with either one. I think he's just pissed that he didn't get his extension and his future is unsettled. He's lashed out at players before, specifically 2010 when he turned hard on Chad and had rookie Dunlap in his dog house. The lashing out is just Marv looking out for #1. It's like a dog when it gets backed into a corner. He senses his livelihood is at stake, and he's lashing out because of it.

I think Marv is quite comfortable in his current situation and wouldn't want to start over elsewhere...but he's not necessarily burned out on Cincy or coaching in general. Just my opinion.

As for the FO stuff, I'm not saying anyone would hire him. That said, 7 playoff appearances and division experience has to look enticing to a team like the Browns.

I disagree - I know, it feels weird to me, too - but this just feels different than 2010. Maybe time has dulled my memory, but I don't really remember having that feeling of Merv being gone or that Merv was done with the team. This year, since like the 3rd or 4th game, I've had this feeling that Merv is just going through the motions, that he doesn't really have his heart in it. I truly feel like he's done with coaching the Bengals and probably coaching in general (at least, he'll take some time off - like a year - to recharge before taking on another coaching opportunity).

I do agree that if he wants to be a head coach elsewhere, he'll be a head coach elsewhere.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a feeling Marvin will be back... - PhilHos - 12-28-2017, 04:58 PM