Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Draft, player storylines & offseason events RECHARGE Fan interest each year
(12-28-2017, 02:31 PM)bengals67 Wrote: My family were original season ticket holders until we moved from Cincinnati

If we had not moved, I am sure we would have kept our tickets.

I would not renew my season tickets next year if Marv returns or if they do not hire a great new coach with authority to hire his own staff.

I truly do not understand why season ticket holders would continue to support this organization absent serious and significant changes- which I am almost 90% sure will not happen.

I truly expect Marv to be extended with the Hobspin article on player support laying the groundwork.

I think a number of little events happen each offseason that slowly start regenerating Fan interest.

The Draft occurs and we appear to be filling holes on the roster with fans getting interested in the new players. (John Ross/Mixon last draft)

Then hope builds for players to "develop" or injured players from the last season to be healthy. (Cedric/Fisher & William Jackson/Eifert last preseason)

(add a Kevin Minter free agent in 2017)

On paper things start to look better by August, with what appears to be a new plan or at least some new puzzle pieces filling holes.

Fans buy in again

Expect the same in 2018. Once the Draft occurs and holes appear to fill with some new faces.

The offseason recharges fans that were fed up just a few months earlier...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Draft, player storylines & offseason events RECHARGE Fan interest each year - depthchart - 12-28-2017, 06:03 PM