Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(03-16-2017, 06:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In addition to that, there's also cultural stereotypes for which sports people play.

When I look at the lacrosse, hockey, baseball, tennis, and wrestling teams at my schools, they're very white. My school is about 31% white and 33% black, so it's not like it's just the make up of the school. Those sports tend to be dominated by white players at the professional.

Are white people naturally better at those sports? No, they're just more likely to grow up watching or playing them, so they are more likely to be the athletes in those sports.

Culturally, black Americans are more likely to grow up playing basketball and football, so they're over represented in those sports.

We have more MLB players than NFL players from Latin America and the Caribbean, some black and some latino. Why? Cause baseball is more popular there. 

I hope it's because we recognize the effect poverty has on educational attainment, but the likely answer is just that people, whether knowingly or not, see the physical attributes as positive and intelligence as being too tied with eugenics. 

Blacks are superior athletes period.
The fact that blacks are only 12% of the population, and whites 80% is very telling. Way more white athletes.

Yes baseball is white dominated, yet blacks will dominate when discussing the sports greatest players...
Cant say the same for white basketball players.

Whites  have dominated basketball throughout the European nations, yet every 4 years we  assemble a group of Black American players who have never played together and they'll bring home the Olympic gold. 

Tennis white dominated... yet we have the Williams sisters who are in the discussion when talking about the games greatest players.

Boxing. Are we still searching for the great white hope?

Why were the 70's Steelers so good?
Because half its roster were black players. The first NFL team with that large a number of black players....some like Mel Blount, LC Greenwood, and John Stallworth drafted from small black colleges.
Prior to the 70's a quota system was in place for how many blacks could play on a team.

Credit was given to Chuck Noll for having the insight to recruit from small black colleges, but the credit really goes to this man:
https://newpittsburghcourieronline.com/2014/05/16/just-sayin-black-nfl-players-owe-bill-nunn-jr-big-time/2/

If blacks took an interest in hockey or swimming they'd dominate those sports too.

Messages In This Thread
Open-Minded Liberals at it again - bfine32 - 02-02-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - McC - 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - Vlad - 12-28-2017, 10:50 PM