Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Draft, player storylines & offseason events RECHARGE Fan interest each year
Probably an accurate post from the OP, for the most part.

The only thing missed is that the organization will need more than a few thousand die-hard suckers like those of us on this message board to fill up the empty seats we see now. They will need casual and bandwagon fans, not just people who live and breathe for this team.

If the OP is suggesting that threats to leave the team on this board are likely just overblown venting, then I agree, for the most part. That's just not the issue, IMO. This team does a shit job of connecting with it's fans and cares little for what they think or feel. Sometimes that's not a bad thing, but sometimes it's just shitty business and counterproductive.

I'd also add that this team builds mostly negative energy in it's hardcore fanbase in the offseason. Almost everyone hates Hobson's dumb propaganda. A majority bang their heads against the wall every year when FA rolls around and they sit on the sidelines until the bitter end. None of this builds any excitement. Business as usual will hurt this team this time around, guaranteed.

Also, I really believe that any internal promotion will cause a significant exodus. There's nobody on the current staff that warrants such a move and the promotion of Zampese is fresh in everyone's mind. It will show that they've learned nothing from that lazy hire. That hire just may have cost us this season, in terms of preparedness.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Draft, player storylines & offseason events RECHARGE Fan interest each year - samhain - 12-29-2017, 01:25 AM