Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Draft, player storylines & offseason events RECHARGE Fan interest each year
(12-29-2017, 03:05 AM)BMK Wrote: I think you're spot on.  Last fall, this board, with very little reason, had the Bengals playoff bound and the Steelers falling apart. Just think about next fall with a whole new coaching staff, a few more high draft choices and Ben retiring. Regardless what people are saying now, come fall, optimism will be through the roof....and rightly so.

This is correct, but I kind of see the prelude to 2017 as a one-time thing for this fanbase.  It was an odd scenario.  Literally everyone knew how bad Ogbuehi was.  They also knew that the line was awful even with Z and Whit on board in 2016.  

For whatever reason, people gave the team a mulligan and put their faith in the staff to accept that they knew what was best for the roster/2017 season.  I mean, they already drafted replacement tackles in 2015 and they just HAD to play the both some time right?  Letting our best linemen leave was probably just a misunderstood genius move at the time.  Right.   

This staff/front office has pissed any trust away over the last 4 months.  This team lacked needed talent and passed up more than one chance to obtain it.  What's worse, they failed to figure out what to do with the players they had until the tail end of the season.  Fan will be much stingier granting the benefit of the doubt this time around.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Draft, player storylines & offseason events RECHARGE Fan interest each year - samhain - 12-29-2017, 11:53 AM