Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The issue of separation with our wide receivers
(12-28-2017, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a talent issue with Lafell and Boyd, their strengths are running good routes and having good hands.

It is a coaching issue with Malone, Core and Ross cause their strengths are their speed and getting seperation and we don't use them often.

Urban has not done very good with his guys this year, especially Core who was hyped by even me before the season.

I am sure the scheme is a huge part of it too.

All depends on if the O-line is giving your QB enough time so he can hit the WR's if or when they get open.

I was one who argued against Core in the offseason. The reason was because there was so much hype about him running a max speed of 22.8 mph and people immediately started assuming he would get instant separation. However, it was never stated at what point in the go route he reached that speed. Given he also struggled with separation, I think it’s safe to assume that max speed was reached late in the route and he needs a bit of space and time to build up to that speed.

But the main issue is time Dalton has/decides to throw. People need to realize that the fastest anyone has ever ran 40 yards in an official timed event has been 4+ seconds. If Dalton is throwing the ball in less than 3 seconds, WRs are not going to magically be really deep. So with that short window, receivers have to get open by play design, route running, body shifts, footwork, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The issue of separation with our wide receivers - ochocincos - 12-29-2017, 11:10 PM