Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid
(05-21-2015, 01:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Welcome to government travel. Everything is per diem.  Smirk

So you do not know in advance how much you are getting. There's a calculation based on length of stay. I would hope if your stay had to be extended; you would receive more than the "agreed upon in advance" flat payment. I would further hope that if you are required to use a vehicle to make the trip that you are paid "per mile" for your trip.

All this seems kind of different than "we are going to pay you guys $2000 to travel to Ferguson" (BTW, I wonder how they determined that a minimum of 6 were in the travel party). IF the link published had discussed length of stay (per diem) and cents per mile, then the "travel expense" scenario would hold a little more water. As it stands, it is simply we are going to give 6 of you $2,000 to go to Ferguson and protest.

(05-21-2015, 01:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Goes both ways. I just like to give the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping immediately into corruption talk and what not.
Does this "benefit of the doubt" approach hold true in all cases?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid - bfine32 - 05-21-2015, 01:38 PM