Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list
(01-01-2018, 11:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, and that is because after they let Whitworth walk, they wasted a ton of money overpaying Kirkpatrick (has the 11th highest CB average salary in the NFL, lol), gave LaFell a $5m cap hit in 2017, wasted $4.25m on Minter (who played 18.5% of the defensive snaps), $3.25m on Rey, $3.14m on A Smith, $2.275m on Hewitt (who only played 11.5% of the offensive snaps), and vastly overspent on Burfict when everyone and their mother knew he was only good for like 10 games a year. (5, 10, 11, 10 played the last 4 years).

Using your money on shitty players/bad contracts AFTER you let your All-Pro LT walk isn't a valid defense on why the FO isn't a dumpster fire.

Sorry, but you are thinking in terms of eating up anything you are told by the Bengals, rather than actually wanting to operate like a winning franchise by getting the most out of your resources, and not be the worst owner in NFL history with an NFL worst current 27 year playoff win drought.

With an expected cap of ~$175m in 2018, the Bengals are looking at having $43m in cap space once Adam Jones is cut. But I can see how rookies and Tyler Kroft could eat up that $43m to the point where paying your best OL would have been disastrous. (lol)
I see alot of wasted money on this guy wasted money on that guy but who takes their place? If they didn't sign Minter who plays linebacker? Did Kirkpatrick not earn a contract in 2017? They wasted money on Andre Smith who saw significant amount of snaps?

In 2018 they will have 35 mil cap space that includes with all the people that are gone in 2018 Eifert, Minter, Dennard etc...and with new rookies.

....and then you said they wasted money on Burfict their star linebacker? No just no man.

Let me ask you a question? Why do you think they didn't extend Whitworth and Zeilter?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list - Synric - 01-02-2018, 12:11 AM