Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list
(01-02-2018, 01:11 AM)Synric Wrote: Would have Whitworth Tretter and Bitino only sign for 1 season?

If they don't extend players next year you would be absolutely right but if they extend Geno, Carlos, Kroft, Dennard.. and maybe even Eifert (who counts in the mess. I know I know he's injured but if he hadn't he would be in line for a huge contract.) The massive cap space we think they have will disappear quickly.

I'm not saying the FO made the best personel desicions. Im just saying I see what they did and WHY they did it. More than one perspective for every problem and everything is easier in hindsight.

You don't NEED to extend Atkins/Dunlap/Dennard/Kroft right now, they are ALL under contract for '18. That means if you had done this last season, you would have gotten a much better team for both '17 AND '18.

Worry about '19 FA in '19.

By worrying about '19 FA, you have doomed your team to 3 straight losing seasons. But hey, at least you won't have to make some tough choices about who to keep in '19, because sure your team will suck, but at least you can pretend you have enough money to sign everyone. Right before you let 2/3rd of them leave, overpay the other 1/3rd, and preach about Model Model.

Keeping together a bad/mediocre team for all eternity is apparently somehow better in your mind than putting together a team for 2 years that can win a SB, having to make some tough choices for 2-3 years, before making another team for 2 years that can win a SB.

Here's a hint... your/the Bengals way hasn't worked for 27 years. Stop worrying about saving for extensions 2-3 years later. Worry about WINNING, because if that's not your #1 priority, in this league, then it'll never happen.

Then again, maybe your/their way will pay off. 28th time's the charm, I have (never) heard. Up there with (never used) sayings like 16th time's a charm for Lewis.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list - TheLeonardLeap - 01-02-2018, 01:19 AM