Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list
(01-01-2018, 09:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Redmond was practice squad most of last year.. his technique was raw.. he improved so i guess he have to actually credit the coaches also if i player improves...  did you miss the preseason.. Hopkins out played the other guards.. he started out ok,, but then got hurt and was in and out of lineup... 

Did I miss the preseason?  Let's see.  No.  I haven't missed a game...ever.  I am curious how Hopkins out played the other guards when he was injured.  Was it in the first preseason game?  How many snaps?  I sure as hell didn't see it that way and neither did PFF, should you claim some dumb bias.

The folks I know at the Bengals rave about the strength that Redmond has added since joining.  Did you happen to see when he lifted Kroft (6'6", 260 lbs) over his head like in Dirty Dancing after Kroft scored?  Redmond has massive size and strength.  He helped the run game to its highest YPC against a well-respected defense.  And he rode the bench all year despite Hopkins sucking.  Ditto Westerman and Bodine.  

That is reason #1 I want Marv gone.  Sticks with guys who suck and never gives them competition.  There are exceptions, but as people look at this 7-9 record and wish they could have made just a few more plays and got in to the playoffs, remember that Marv stuck with Jeremy Hill early in the season as well.  Trotted out Lafell when there are better options on the team.  Willis looked like a beast yesterday.  Earlier in the season he blocked a punt and was promptly benched and we had to watch the human tree struggle at RDE again.  I just don't understand what the hell he was thinking sometimes and I am glad I won't have to wonder about it any more.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list - SHRacerX - 01-02-2018, 02:23 AM