Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont Refer To The 90's, This Is No Better
(01-02-2018, 11:01 AM)GodFather Wrote: All you hear about the Bengals and the current situation is "It could be worse we could go back to the 90's" Well guess what with the state of this front offices joke of decision making and desire to truly win, this team and organization is still in the 90s. Big deal we won 7 games instead of 2 or 3. Whats the difference? This team cant win a playoff game and has nor ever could compete with any contending team in a consistent way.

If the current coaching decisions follow what most of us think on this board, we may as well put our grunge shirts on, drink some Snapple, Be Kind and Rewind our VHS tapes from Blockbuster before returning them and believe Marvin Lewis when he says, "I'll Be Back"

Get ready boys because the "I cant believe this is happening again" is about to happen and you wonder why this team is never be taken seriously.

I'm in a different kind of camp than a lot of people, I suppose. I unconditionally enjoy the Bengals and love discussing them (as well as sports in general).

1: I love the Bengals unconditionally with one exception... they move. That's my God principle in all of this. I'm a fan and enjoy them no matter what. I even take pleasure in finding comedy in their failures. Why not? I'll certainly not take misery out of it. I'm not wired that way.

2:  I don't get a boner off of if the Bengals are taken seriously or not. It's a football game. If anyone who doesn't work for the NFL is THAT serious about it, we're on different planets in terms of perspective. That's not to say someone is wrong for being upset if they stink. We're customers. We deserve a level of effort. But I will support (or not) with my wallet, not my heart and soul.

3: If the Bengals win, I don't personally get anything. NOTHING. I live my happy life the same way, regardless.

"Never allow your personal self esteem to get too high or too low off of another man's successes or failures."
- As quoted by ME.

PS: This is NOTHING like the 90s. They are competitive and there are expectations. The 90s Bengals were never on TV (I adopted the Eagles as my 2nd favorite team because I could actually watch them on TV), and were made fun of all over the news. This isn't dysfunction. This is poor performance. There's a difference there, in my eyes.

7-9 is boring. I was bored this season. That's my only complaint, really.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont Refer To The 90's, This Is No Better - PDub80 - 01-02-2018, 01:05 PM