Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
95% chance Marvin returns as Head Coach - just has to get back on "same page" as Mike
(01-02-2018, 01:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The last sentence pretty much tells me everything I need to know.  "We're going to everything" calling BS there! Gee let's keep doing the samething over and over and get the same results. Passive defense> check, bad O-line coach> check, same predictable offensive scheme> check, bad clock management> check, run the clock out before the 1st half is over> check, sit on leads> check...... get the point....

Not saying I believe Marvin Lewis either, but you left out some key words from that statement..."in my power."
If the rumors are true, Marvin wants more control and the org very well could be handcuffed due to how much Mike Brown likes to have his control and not change things.
In fact, many believe that a new coach would have less power than Marvin has had, so the results might be worse.
Mike Brown does want to win a championship, but he wants to do it on his terms. Being an owner comes with some arrogance and confidence that you know and have what it takes to be successful even when your customers might disagree with you.

It's feeling more and more like this is more on Marvin's terms of whether he wants to stay because he wants/needs a certain level of control to achieve the next level of success.
And maybe he actually will succeed with more control, but I don't there there's much confidence at all from this fanbase that he would actually achieve it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 95% chance Marvin returns as Head Coach - just has to get back on "same page&... - ochocincos - 01-02-2018, 01:27 PM