Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ian Rapoport: Bengals reaching out to non-in-house candidates
Quote:"The one thing that we've been consistent on since I began here is staying on the same page and I think that's important," Lewis said. "There's a direction that the owner wants to have, there's a direction that I have to -- he's hired me to do a job and we've got to make sure we stay aligned in that, and if his direction is different than my direction, then it's probably not good. We just have to make sure, I have to make sure, we're all on the same page."

Is it a stretch for me to think Mike Brown wanting John Ross is the major motivation behind this comment? We've been hearing for years that Merv has unprecedented control, and Mike/Merv even remarked during the infamous 2010 presser that Mike had only overruled Merv 1 time (we all felt at the time that they were talking about bringing Chris Henry back after Merv cut him).

Obviously speculating based on evidence, but IMO it looks like Mike overruled Marv on the Ross pick. I've never seen Marv be so hard on a 1st round pick, and something had to motivate Marv to say this. Mike had to overrule him on something

Honestly, it's pretty ridiculous we're still talking about control going into year 16. If Marv doesn't have it now, he's never going to get it. Someone commented that attendance figures could motivate Mikey to give up control... but it's not like attendance hasn't been low before...and if Mike cared much about attendance figures, he has to know that year 16 of Marv and another "NO CHANGE" presser isn't going to drive ticket sales.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ian Rapoport: Bengals reaching out to non-in-house candidates - Shake n Blake - 01-02-2018, 01:54 PM