Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ 7-9....we're now picking 12th....so....?
Part of me is glad the Bengals aren't picking in the top 10 now, which may sound really odd to some (most?).

Here's my reasoning:
Picking in the top 10 causes many to think that the player selected must be a slam dunk elite player in every facet but someone picked after 10 is given more leeway to have some flaws. The reality is they could just be a few picks apart yet. There just happens to be this fascination with the number 10 and anything before it. There may have been some truth 5+ years ago where there was a clear talent differential between a top 10 prospect and those after, but at least when looking at last year's draft there were only about 5-6 prospects I considered truly elite with very little to no question marks. I feel the same with this upcoming draft class.
Also, by picking outside the top 10, more fans (and maybe even the coaches) will open up to the idea of selected an OT, G, or C. If picking in the top 10, I recall many saying "there's no OT worth a top 10 pick" or "Bengals will never select interior OL inside the top 10." Well guess what, not picking top 10 anymore, so these options should now be on the table.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: @ 7-9....we're now picking 12th....so....? - ochocincos - 01-02-2018, 02:28 PM