Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who earned more playing time next season?
Lawson, WJ3, Dennard, Westerman, Redmond, Willis, Boyd, and...Ross.
For those who may not have noticed Willis much, he performed pretty well according to PFF (75.6 rating).
Unfortunately with Westerman and Redmond, only one will probably get a decent amount of snaps unless one or both switch to another OL spot. But at least one of them should see the field.
Boyd should have been given more snaps this year, but for one reason or another was not used as much as his rookie year even when the offense struggled. I liked what I saw the last two games (5 receptions each game).
Ross because I want to see our first round picks playing, not riding the pine. Plus I put more of the blame on Marvin and the other coaches compared to Ross for how his usage was in 2017.

I didn't add Mixon or Kroft in the list because I think they will automatically get more PT with Hill and Eifert hitting FA.

On the flip side, here's who I'd like to see have fewer snaps (or none at all):
Michael Johnson (at least remove him from DE)
Dre Kirkpatrick
Russell Bodine (I stand by my statement that if he is the starter at C next year, my interest in the Bengals will drop significantly until he's replaced)
Trey Hopkins (Yes, he showed some improvement over the year but I still think Westerman and Redmond showed just as much, if not more, than Hopkins did and they played in far fewer games)
Shawn Williams (I still think he'd be best served as a nickel LB, but he's not as bad at safety like some claim)
Nick Vigil
Brandon LaFell
Cedric Ogbuehi

I'll reserve judgement on Jake Fisher until we can see him fully recovered.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who earned more playing time next season? - ochocincos - 01-02-2018, 02:48 PM