Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
95% chance Marvin returns as Head Coach - just has to get back on "same page" as Mike
(01-02-2018, 02:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I understand what you are saying and agree mostly. Where we differ is, I don't believe MB tells ML what scheme to run or anything that happens on the field. Sure he might have handcuff ML with PA, but I would think the HC would have a say in what way he wants the line to block? Pre-Zimmer as our DC, Lewis always employed the defense to not give up the big play and let the offense take anything underneath, Zimmer wanted no part of that and played aggressive. After Zimmer we went right back to Marvin's old scheme and we were terrible on D. So I guess my point is this, does ML want more control of draft picks and FA pickups to play in his crappy and outdated schemes or is he going to finally realize his schemes are crappy or outdated??

I agree with this and if my previous statement implied otherwise, I apologize.
I think where the control comes in is roster and assistant coach decisions.
I think we can all agree that there have been some head scratcher decisions when it came to player and coaching personnel.
With that said, it's Marvin's responsibility at that point to work with what he's been given.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 95% chance Marvin returns as Head Coach - just has to get back on "same page&... - ochocincos - 01-02-2018, 03:12 PM