Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ian Rapoport: Bengals reaching out to non-in-house candidates
(01-02-2018, 11:54 AM)bengaloo Wrote: There wasnt enough time. He was trying to get rid of players that didnt fit in and start building players for the type of team he wanted. It didnt look good for sure, but nobody can sit here and say with honesty that 2 years is enough time for a coach to build a team around his system and philosophy. I've heard a lot of bad things about both Marshall and Cutler. He apparently wanted really bad to get rid of them. Apparently no one else in that org did. That was the start of the bad blood from the way I remember it playing out back then. It went downhill from there. Dont get me wrong, there are other coaches I'd rather have, but I also dont think Denver is the tell tail measuring stick for McDainiels. 2 measly years? Eh.

Denver went from 2nd to last in their division under McDaniels. John Fox won Denver's division and a playoff game with Tebow in his first season after replacing McDaniels. But, somehow there isn't enough evidence to judge?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ian Rapoport: Bengals reaching out to non-in-house candidates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 01-02-2018, 05:03 PM