Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list
(01-02-2018, 03:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Boling is a gamer. He will look solid at literally any spot you put him in. 
He's like Whitworth and it's why the Bengals often value "versatility" on the OL so much, even to a fault. 

That said, there are enough reps to see why he's not a long term answer at LT. 
He still struggled with edge pressure at times. 

Westerman should be the RG.
Hopkins should be in the mix for RT, or in the Collins super sub role.
Redmond is a super sub IOL. 

Hopkins is very similar in style to Boling and it's unfortunate he's had to put up with so many injuries, I'm a huge fan but I wonder if he'll ever get his power back. He was getting better as the year went on but still struggled with his base. That wasn't an issue for him before. 

It's hard to say exactly what we will do until we know who the coaches are. 

Yea I view Hopkins to be a worse version of Boling primarily due to Hopkins being more stiff. As you mentioned, he used to be really powerful, but I didn't notice that dominant power from him (yet). Also as you mentioned, he's been ouchie off and on since becoming a Bengal, so maybe that has something to do with it. I always did think Hopkins was best suited for a swing depth role. Like a backup utility player.

I also like Westerman over Redmond for G. I thought Westerman should have been the starting RG all along, not Hopkins or even Redmond.
Would Redmond be a viable C? I know he was considered weak coming out of college but he looks to have improved that area now. He's also intelligent.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list - ochocincos - 01-02-2018, 05:53 PM