Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list
(01-02-2018, 05:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea I view Hopkins to be a worse version of Boling primarily due to Hopkins being more stiff. As you mentioned, he used to be really powerful, but I didn't notice that dominant power from him (yet). Also as you mentioned, he's been ouchie off and on since becoming a Bengal, so maybe that has something to do with it. I always did think Hopkins was best suited for a swing depth role. Like a backup utility player.

I also like Westerman over Redmond for G. I thought Westerman should have been the starting RG all along, not Hopkins or even Redmond.
Would Redmond be a viable C? I know he was considered weak coming out of college but he looks to have improved that area now. He's also intelligent.

From the limited reps, I don't like Redmond as a long term starter. 
He can't move well enough. You saw it in the last game when he came in, things slowed down some. 
He's good in a straight line but when they were making him move, he had 2 hold calls in a hurry. 

He'd be the best backup IOL we've had in years though. He has at least a transferable NFL level skill that others don't. 

Westerman looks like he's still catching up to NFL speed rather than physically limited. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list - RoyleRedlegs - 01-02-2018, 06:01 PM