Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-25-2015, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not arguing the morality; I'm arguing the science. I simply disagree with the notion that homosexuality is genetic just as I disagree pedophilia is genetic. I'm of the opinion that both occur in the mind, not in the genes. I know full well there is no comparison of the societal behavior of the homosexual and the pedophile; I just feel there could be a similar process in the brain that motivates each.

There is no consensus to the cause of homosexuality, but somehow you are traversing a slippery-slope if you think it might be a function of the brain as opposed to the body.

No, you are not traversing a slipper slope by questioning if something has a genetic or psychiatric etiology.  Medical providers and researchers ask this question routinely and do so without making a pedophilia comparison.  When you made the pedophilia comparison is when you crossed the slippery slope threshold.

Quote:Hell pat compared it to autism and no one raise an eyebrow; why was that?

Why?  Because he never made any such comparison.  Your accusation is completely false.  Mike M basically asked for the sensitivity and specificity of a DNA test for homosexuality and Pat made a facetious comment about DNA testing and autism.  The purpose of his comment wasn't to compare autism and homosexuality, but rather to indicate the ridiculous nature of Mike M's request for information regarding a test which doesn't exist.

Quote:Someone else compared it to eye color.

Again, completely false.  Mike M linked a article which suggested people "grow out" of their genes.  I didn't compare eye color or the genetics of eye color to homosexuality or the genetics of homosexuality.  The eye color comment was directed towards how people "grow out" of their genes.

WTF is you major malfunction, ghost rider?  I can't tell if you can't comprehend what you are reading or if you are intentionally making shit up.  My hypothesis is you're intentionally making shit up.  (Probably one of the rate times someone here hasn't inappropriately used theory when they actually meant hypothesis.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-25-2015, 05:46 PM