Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gleanings from the press conference transcript
(01-04-2018, 12:55 AM)Joelist Wrote: Interestingly, those phrases never came up. While not as blunt as I would have liked I did note the lack of the usual "chop and grind" platitudes. There was some actual scheme talk.

Marvin said nebulous like, 6 times, when asked about specific changes to himself, philosophy, adjustments, etc. Basically he was blaming the players and saying hame day coaching doesn't matter.... Followed up by him saying they have to coach better. He threw out buzzwords like "we're going to spend in FA.... He said this exact thing before during the presser announcing his 2015 extension.... which didn't happen, btw.

What was funny to me is that he was using the word nebulous to mean something that it doesn't.

He basically just trotted himself out there and retreaded the same bs he has for 15 years: Blaming everyone but himself, saying the owner wants to win, and that he has a job to do. Any scheme talk was incredibly vague. They said a bunch of words and said nothing of note, really.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gleanings from the press conference transcript - PDub80 - 01-04-2018, 09:52 AM