Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here just doesn't care anymore?
(01-04-2018, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with this.....I think what bothers a lot of older fans, is we remember how the franchise used to be.  We've all seen Mike Brown run it into the ground, and it pisses us off.  Not in the sense that I'm mad at the world, and go home and kick the dog, but mad in our "sports world", if you will.  A lot of guys have sons, or roomates, or siblings, or dads, or what have you to discuss this stuff with at home.  Me, I have 2 young daughters, a wife, and 2 female dogs.....lol.  When I see my friends that would be interested in discussing this stuff, or know about the team enough to talk about it, it's been planned for weeks, lmao.  

For a lot of us, this is the place to vent, celebrate, and cry in our beers in our sports life.  So, while it may seem over the top at times, bear in mind, this place is dedicated to a sports team, and sports world, and real world are two different things.  Like I said, I remember Super Bowl runs, making trades for complementary players, accountability, and then the abyss.  It's like building your own business, and then handing it over to a spoiled child and watching helplessly as they drive it into a hot pile of ashes.  No one likes that shit.

Agree,

I grew up in the 70's and 80's watching the Bengals and Buckeyes with my dad and they'll always be my teams. I was watching the game the Steeler DT tried to break Kenny Anderson neck with a face mask. I was watching the game Pete Johnson knocked Jack Lambert into to next week on MNF, early 80's. Watched him fail at the goal line in the SB. I was here and watched Tim Krumrie's foot go spinning around off Roger Craig's knee.

I'm not saying I'm special there's many right there with me. What I'm saying is I was a fan before Mikey took over and back then there was hope.

I'm sick to damn dog death of Mike's running this team into the ground ! He's going to have to prove to me he's really trying to win this time and not just save money or I'll be metal detecting on Sundays this fall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who here just doesn't care anymore? - bengalfan74 - 01-04-2018, 11:30 AM