Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gleanings from the press conference transcript
(01-04-2018, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I really like it when we, as fans, get confirmation of things that we had long suspected to be true.  Obviously, Paul Alexander had been given entirely too much sway with his "Assistant Head Coach" title, and was indeed the stick in the mud that many of us had long accused him of being.  Just the same as the quote from the movie A League of Their Own, "There's no crying in Baseball", there is also no room in the world of coaching professional football for favoritism, hurt feelings, or emotional grudges.

I must say, the more I read about Lazor's ideas and things that he says, the more I'm becoming a fan. (him referring to the offense as potentially powerful and dynamic also helps)  Despite the harsh reality that Mike and Marv still remain in charge, the fact that the two key detriments to offensive production were both eliminated in the same season. (Zampeese and Alexander)  

A few things have really endeared me to Lazor.....he basically called out Merv about picking which personnel to play....he made it a mission to settle the QB down....when he speaks, it's straight forward, has real info instead of vague "isms" and cliches.....and then it seems he told Bach to eff off and called his own blocking scheme.....which has all culminated in the long awaited shitcanning of the Piano Man.  If he never does another positive thing in Cincy, he'll always have a spot in my heart.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gleanings from the press conference transcript - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-04-2018, 04:19 PM