Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gleanings from the press conference transcript
(01-04-2018, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure that either of them are the absolute best solution.  I think that at age 74, coach McNally is well "past his prime" for full time duty, but I wouldn't mind him being used for scouting and consulting resource.  Willie is interesting, it's been well documented about his desire to help the team in any capacity.  People reaching out should not be overlooked.  Even though Willie has no formal coaching experience in the league, I'd like to see him offered some sort of role, perhaps OL quality control?  Gotta start gaining some experience, somewhere.

Might be time to look at the college ranks.  Programs like Wisconsin, Stanford, LSU, and others turn out successful NFL OLmen utilizing a Pro-Style offense.  OL coaches from those type of programs might transition well into the NFL coaching ranks.

I remember watching Wisconsin play this year and saying to myself the samething. Whoever he is, is damn good at it. Someone yesterday mentioned Army's line coach too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gleanings from the press conference transcript - sandwedge - 01-04-2018, 06:44 PM