Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Press Conference Has Me EXCITED!
(01-04-2018, 07:51 PM)BMK Wrote: Sorry, but I'm not excited...at least not yet.  I've said before and I still say this team needed to completely clean house, and bring in all new coaches, new philosophy, new culture. The Mikey and Marv show has been running the same way for 15 years...fifteen years! Think all you've been through in that time period. 

After 15 years, up until a few days ago, the status quo of this team has been the same. Now the next day, all of a sudden, everything is completely different??

When you do the same thing, the same way, for 15 years, that's pretty much who you are. The X's and O's may change a bit, but Marv's culture stays the same. 

It's going to take a little more than a couple new coaches and a fuzzy presser for me to get excited.   I mean, what did anyone expect him to say? "yeah, we've had some very disappointing seasons, so Mike and I decided the best approach was to do nothing".
Has Mike Brown given a press conference on this yet? He's the one I really want to hear from, so he can clarify how things are going to be so different this time.

I like Marv, but I still say, if there was any team that needed to go in the proverbial 'new direction', it was the Bengals.

What's that definition of insanity again?

All completely understandable. But if they were truly insane they would of brought the O-line coach back who has been
here for 24 years, was the assistant HC and is pretty much Mikey's adopted son. Moving on from this inept sumbitch shows
me something. Need to see more moves though for sure. A new DC and a new LB coach at the very least.

(01-04-2018, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what we're saying, though, that this looks like a new direction and a new culture.

I know not to put all my eggs in one basket, but it sounds like Marvin made some demands in his contract negotiations and he knows that it's time to make it happen.

Did hear something about MB didn't want to go all rebuild cause he wants to win a SB before he dies and he thinks Marv is
the best chance at doing it right now. Don't understand this with Marv's 0-7 Playoff record but hey, maybe he is letting Marv
finally pick his coaches now. Del Rio and a new LB coach and i will start to really believe.

Don't want Paulie G and Haslett back cannot say this enough.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin's Press Conference Has Me EXCITED! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-04-2018, 08:13 PM