Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Jack Del Rio Will Be Hard to Get for DC
(01-05-2018, 08:01 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I hear you, but resigning Marvin trumps that

With Mike Brown not retiring, Marvin demanding more control in order to agree to come back my have been the best we fans could have hoped for.  At 82, it's not like Mike wants to start a new relationship, and have to give in to demands to a person that he barely knows.  The whole 'moving on from Marv' thing was only a pipe dream that also included Mike retiring, and handing the team to Katie as a clean slate.

As a result, two long time offensive assistants are now gone. (Zampeese and Alexander)  Also gone is a laid back, wishy washy, anything goes type of DC.  That guy literally took one of the premier defenses in the league, and steered it straight toward the bottom of the league, in just 3 seasons.  Good riddance.

Marv may have his faults, make some bone headed in game decisions and such, but I guarantee that we fans could be much worse off if Mike were forced to elevate one of the staff from last year, or take whatever stooge was willing to come here under "Mike's terms".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Jack Del Rio Will Be Hard to Get for DC - SunsetBengal - 01-05-2018, 08:17 PM