Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Jack Del Rio Will Be Hard to Get for DC
I think it's a natural fit if they're willing to pay for him, which is a big if.

Del Rio has had two chances to prove he can be an effective NFL coach and neither has ended well for him. I doubt anyone's making him a HC offer this year. If he really wants a path back to that spot, this team and it's irrational and sometimes downright stupid sense of loyalty to internal staff may be his best bet. He could ply his trade as a DC for Marvin's 2 year deal and slide right in.

Given his success as a DC, the fans would probably love him by then.

The only reasons I see for him not wanting to come here are the monetary one I just mentioned, and the fact that this team is currently a giant laughingstock around the league. It's not like anywhere else in the NFL when it comes to doing business or personnel, and that's a disadvantage to any prospective coach.

Just think about how we see the whole Marvin returning scenario. We know it's dumb and most likely won't end well. We've seen this same thing pay out for 15 seasons. Do people not think that a former NFL HC can see it, too? Why would anyone who's not on their last legs as a potential hire come here if they had other options? Better hope he and Marvin are super-best friends and he's got a huge sense of loyalty.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Jack Del Rio Will Be Hard to Get for DC - samhain - 01-06-2018, 11:13 AM