Poll: What do you think John Ross' trade value is ?
1st round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick
combination of multiple picks &/or players - explain details in a Post
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross trade value - If Marvin has new roster Power & upset with Ross = trade ?
(01-05-2018, 07:44 PM)whodeyfan1 Wrote: Not sure which article that is, but sounds like Marvin is misquoted.  If you watch the Dan Hoard sit down interview on Bengals.com, Hoard asks if he sees Ross playing a "vital" role next year, and Marvin snickered and said, "No, I don't see him playing a vital role next year..."

Quotes like the one you posted above from Marvin and the general feeling by many that Marvin did not want to take Ross are the reason why I question the possibility of Marvin trading Ross; if any one of the 31 other teams make a solid offer.

In my mind, a 9th overall pick should be thought of by his Head Coach as being a "vital role" player fairly soon in that player's career. Unless you are drafting a QB to develop like say the Chiefs did last year at pick #10 overall.

#9 overall is starter material to me at the very least. Usually an every down starter with expectations of having an impact.

Seems logical to me that if Marvin has little faith in John Ross delivering consistent #9 overall value to his team and Marvin has a new found say in shaping the Roster, then Marvin may consider shopping Ross to interested teams leading up to the 2018 Draft.

Marvin can then get a player of his own choosing that he can get excited about, free up the difference in money to use elsewhere and move on from a decision to draft Ross that he apparently was not behind.

If Mike Brown declares John Ross to be untradeable then Marvin didn't get full Roster shaping power assuming Marvin wants to at least entertain trade offers for a player he doesn't seem too high on.

All up to Marvin if he does have the power to trade Ross.

All he would need is one of the 31 other teams to invest a high enough pick in the still untapped potential of Ross.

All options regarding Ross may be on the table after all.

Marvin's own words show a lack of confidence in Ross' role in 2018.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross trade value - If Marvin has new roster Power & upset with Ross = tra... - depthchart - 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM