Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 OFFENSIVE LINEMAN BENGALS FIRST 2 ROUNDS
(01-08-2018, 03:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A couple years?  More like 6 years.  4 year deal, 5th year option, 6th year tag.

Yes, that is worth it, even if he walks in year 7.  Any time you get 6 years out of a player, you are doing pretty damn good.

I'm looking at Zeitler being gone fast.  ....This is one reason I say take the Left Tackle in Round One.  ...But come back early in Round Two and grab the best Center/ Guard player on the board and there are a few of them.  If Price is still on board certainly.  Ragnow, Bozeman, Wynn are also able to challenge Bodine at center or a guard for playing time. ...BUT THE BENGALS HAVE TO STOP THIS NONSENSE OF NOT PAYING GOOD VETERAN GUARDS AND CENTERS.  .....Lets say they get lucky and get a Left Tackle and also Price and both become Pro Bowlers.  I'm sorry, but you have to PAY and KEEP THEM because it IS STUPID not to. .....So besides trying to have a good draft, Bengals must also CHANGE and PAY MONEY if the draft picks become Pro Bowl type Blockers, the kind we need to get to Super Bowl as in 1980's. 

The perfect draft might be...might be....ROUND ONE- LEFT TACKLE-MIKE McCLINCHEY-NOTRE DAME....and falling to Bengals in ROUND TWO- CENTER/GUARD- BILLY PRICE-OHIO STATE....Now that would be close to perfect, but I don't look for Price to fall to 2. Center/Guard Frank Ragnow of Arkansas in 2 would be OK...Bengals might want Brown or Miller over McGlinchey at Left Tackle.

Because Bengals go cheap on guards and centers, I say Left Tackle with high First Round Pick. Address the other in Round Two if a Price or Ragnow still on the board. Hopefully Bengals learn to pay good centers and guards in the future because blocking is key in football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 11 OFFENSIVE LINEMAN BENGALS FIRST 2 ROUNDS - kevin - 01-08-2018, 04:07 PM