Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Resistance" is unhinged
(01-09-2018, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  So "Overall Achievement in Undermining Global Press Freedom" is different than "The World’s No. 1 Oppressor Of Press Freedom" because......

But that are actually two things that ring a bit different. This "No.1" wording is way more bombastic and hence sounds even more ridiculous. Might not be much, but they are not the same and it takes no native speaker to see that.

I generally agree though that it's ridiculous in both cases. The OP has a point, I just believe that at some point it gets evenly petty to complain about the other side's pettiness, at least evenly pointless. This is a fake award given out by a group of people who might very well overdo it and act hysterical, but in no way align with the "left" in general or paint an accurate picture of everything anti-Trump. You can very well be quite anti-Trump without having to resort to any king of exaggerations or even hysterias like those.

Trump and what he does is so way more important than what the "Committee to Protect Journalists" does, or Huffington or whatever targets there are. I feel it's beside the point to focus on those possible or actual missteps and hence indirectly end up giving Trump a pass. All hysteria aside, there's a reason why things like these happen to Trump, and that's on him, not this committee. Their line of reasoning for handing out the award isn't just nonsense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Resistance" is unhinged - GMDino - 01-09-2018, 08:20 PM
RE: "The Resistance" is unhinged - bfine32 - 01-09-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: "The Resistance" is unhinged - GMDino - 01-09-2018, 11:33 PM
RE: "The Resistance" is unhinged - GMDino - 01-10-2018, 12:46 AM
RE: "The Resistance" is unhinged - GMDino - 01-10-2018, 12:57 AM
RE: "The Resistance" is unhinged - hollodero - 01-09-2018, 11:51 PM