Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone concerned about Hue Jackson, yet?
(08-26-2015, 09:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: I have concerns with the Offense. Specifically why can't we ever have TE"s and receivers wide open? It seems like every team can hit receivers down the field not on deep balls but clear passing lanes. Dalton and Palmer in recent years have never had that luxury. They are always having to thread the needle 10-15 yards down field. Is it the scheme? It feels like the offense is so bunched that there is never a clear "open" receiver.

Some OC's know how to get receivers open. Re-watch the game. The Bucs receivers were wide open with clear throwing lanes and Winston didn't have to thread the needle on most throws (some he did). Our TE's never run open for big chunk yardage like other teams as "talented" as they have been advertised to be. When our receivers catch the ball they have to break a tackle right away to get yac. They are never schemed to be left free for a catch and run it seems. Just something to think about. That's one thing I've always been impressed with the Shanihan's scheme. Their receivers are always wide open (mainly due to their strong playaction boot game).

You think receivers being open or not is due to offensive scheming?

lolwat

I'm not a Hue fan, but this is just a very illogical point to try to be making.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone concerned about Hue Jackson, yet? - djs7685 - 08-26-2015, 10:10 AM