Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed court voids NC’s GOP-drawn congressional map for partisan gerrymandering
(01-11-2018, 01:51 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I read somewhere that Democrats in PA have sued over gerrymandering and lost.

The judge was heard whispering to the Democrats council, "Dude, you have the state because of gerrymandering, knock it off or you'll lose it".

Democrats vow to take the fight to the Supreme Court

That's the thing, this isn't a one-sided issue, but it is something everyone should be concerned about. Gerrymandering along partisan lines allows the parties to pick who they represent. What it should be is the people choosing who represents them. This is a tool used by the parties to manipulate the electoral process and, essentially, disenfranchise people by discounting their votes in some instances. This is why I support our efforts in the General Assembly to make this illegal. I will actually be heading to Richmond to discuss this issue next month. My Outback will have five people in it, and it runs the gambit from a die-hard libertarian to a Berniecrat. This issue is one the people should get behind because politicians in both parties are using to get one over on us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fed court voids NC’s GOP-drawn congressional map for partisan gerrymandering - Belsnickel - 01-11-2018, 09:38 AM