Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-12-2018, 03:29 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yeah my grandmother was German, and came here when she was about 2yo.  Though she was born in Germany, you never would've been able to tell, she had no accent.  I didn't even know she could speak German until I was about 12yo or so, when distant relatives came to visit.

I can trace my oldest Irish immigrants to the Carrolls of Maryland Daniel who signed the Constitution is my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great grandfather and his brother John founded Georgetown. Charles was their cousin's son. They faced religious discrimination, but I have some that originated in the late 1800's and my Grandfather's grandparents came to the US from Naples in the late 1800's. His other grandfather was Irish and was marked as "ruddy" not "white" on his WWI draft card.  On my mom's side, that grandfather's grandparents came from Germany in the 1890's. His Italian great-grandmother on his mom's side wasn't considered "white" during the 1860 census when she was only a few years old. They called her mulatto because of her Italian olive skin. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - BmorePat87 - 01-12-2018, 03:44 PM