Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we just witness the fall of the Evil Empire?
I think their downfall happened some time ago, when football shifted to a wide-open game. They got extremely lucky that Bell and Brown turned out to be the players they have become. I am still more than a little superstitious about their transformation after college (Brown ran something like a 4.59 at the combine???) but that is a topic for another thread.

The classic steeler team with power running with a guy like Bettis isn't their game any more. Bell has been the best all-around threat in the league for several years now. I watch guys miss him time and time again and think he must soak his uniform in Mobil 1. He is VERY unhappy with the team and he will likely look to cash out elsewhere.

They still have a solid offensive line, a talented stable of WRs, and the officials in their back pocket, but if they lose Bell and the team becomes more one-dimensional, I think they are in real trouble.

That, and that beard can't hide Piggy's six chins. He isn't and has never been the reason this team wins.

I think it will be very interesting to see what they do with Bell and how Piggy responds to another offseason at Golden Corral.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did we just witness the fall of the Evil Empire? - SHRacerX - 01-15-2018, 10:55 AM