Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-13-2018, 01:02 AM)hollodero Wrote: Right...
...yeah I don't know about Dick Durbin. But it's not like he made that remarks up, obviously. When an US president uses words like these in a meeting with senators from both sides, it's quite plausible they get out there. That's just how it is.

When you say "whether they come from crapholes or western countries", I don't really take issue. It's a legit position I don't share, and one of the main reasons for me not sharing it is that Norwegians sure do not clean up US hotel rooms or take care of the elderly or pick fruits. That's jobs you leave to Mexicans etc. (just like we do). Hard to determine how "merit based" gives a young immigrant from Mexico or Haiti or a "shithole" a chance to better his life by doing a job an American won't do. Her/his merit is the willingness to live in the US and contribute to society there. Both things are essential of course.

But however it is, Trump didn't argue for "merit based" in that particular instance, he argued that people from a shithole country are shit and the US needs none of those people. Obviously. And it's true that he doesn't get benefit of the doubt from me here, I don't question who told the press or if the words were out of context or whatever reason that can't be the reason always. Remember, Haitians also "all have AIDS", and I see no reason to believe he didn't say that either, and all the other things. There's a pattern.

Do you know who used to do all the entry level jobs in this country? Teenagers and the poor. Now the work ethic has fallen to where teeneagers refuse to do those entry level jobs and lellle on a government wage refuse to do anything. We need to cut off the cheap labor and allow a course correction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-15-2018, 11:16 AM