Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-15-2018, 11:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you know who used to do all the entry level jobs in this country?   Teenagers and the poor.    Now the work ethic has fallen to where teeneagers refuse to do those entry level jobs and lellle on a government wage refuse to do anything.  We need to cut off the cheap labor and allow a course correction.

OK alright, I see it a bit differently, but fair enough. No reason for me to take issue with that stance.

But that is not what Trump was saying. He wasn't arguing for merit-based, he said we don't want people from shithole countries like all African ones, these people are not welcome. And I have to say that's quite the opposite fom the US values and the idea of the country the way I came to know and like it (which is kind of the country of give me the hungry and the poor, we give them opportunity, they give their commitment to the US and their willingness to work hard for it). Besides that, it has quite the tone of a racist comment. He wants Norwegians. Like if being Norwegian (or not an African) is a "merit" in and of itself.

Whatever you see in his comments, it wasn't exactly what he was argueing. One also doesn't argue "merit-based" when saying all Haitians have AIDS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - hollodero - 01-15-2018, 12:34 PM