Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short write ups on some of my favorite players in draft part 1
(01-15-2018, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Interestingly, everyone thought Shelton would be a beast both against the run and in the pass rush from the NT position. He had 9.0 sacks his final year at Washington. But in the three years in Cleveland, he's had 1.5 sacks total.

Vita Vea doesn't seem like as much of a pass rusher compared to Shelton either. And while Vea is a "monster" when it comes to strength, Shelton and Billings both were considered the same.
Would Vea, Shelton, and Billings have been such "monsters" if they played in the SEC or Big 10, which typically has bigger, stronger OL?

Shelton is the first guy that came to mind after zeroing in on Vea. Huge and strong with a good first step but as you said I wonder how he would look in a better conference. Next I had to ask myself if he would have come out last year how would he match up in that extremely deep defensive line class...Second round at best.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Short write ups on some of my favorite players in draft part 1 - Synric - 01-16-2018, 11:17 AM