Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-16-2018, 03:29 PM)hollodero Wrote: After he said for even me to hear "I will sign everything you come up with" and that he would take the heat for it, because taking the heat is his thing and all.

-- Can I ask you and others what you now wish for? A shutdown after all?

I never hope for a shutdown, because the economy of my state takes a huge hit when there is one. We have families that lose income, then that affects business owners, it affects the state's revenue, and a whole host of things. Virginia and Maryland are two states that are impacted in a major way when this sort of thing happens.

(01-16-2018, 03:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I always want a gov shutdown. They should just make that permanent.

But this is Durbin and the dems trying to guilt trump into a clean DACA bill. They are wasting everyone’s time.

So a bi-partisan bill that Trump rejected is just Durbin and the Dems, eh? Oh well, warped perceptions are expected when someone is not concerned about the negative impacts of something like a government shutdown. The joys of faux-libertarianism.

(01-16-2018, 03:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: ICE doesn’t stop during a gov shutdown. We will be fine

The deportation processing does, especially for non-criminal situations. That isn't priority enough to continue during a shutdown, it's not essential.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Belsnickel - 01-16-2018, 04:15 PM