Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries
(01-16-2018, 05:00 PM)Dill Wrote: hollodero
After he said for even me to hear "I will sign everything you come up with" and that he would take the heat for it, because taking the heat is his thing and all.

-- Can I ask you and others what you now wish for? A shutdown after all?

Undecided. It may be that the US needs to hit rock bottom before we can create a block of responsible voters large enough to set the country back on track.  Let Republican policies take hold while they control congress and the presidency, so there can be no weaseling and shifting of blame, and an end to blaming immigrants for wage stagnation. Let it be clear how tax cuts for the rich lead to cuts in medicare and other health services. See how stacking the courts with conservatives protects corporations and hurts labor.  Recognize how white anger and identity issues and abortion divert attention from the expanding wealth gap.

It would take a decade or more to recover, but thereafter we might be good for a generation or two, until the social amnesia reaches critical mass again.

I know Bels is all worried about how a shutdown would affect innocent people in MD and VA, but a lot of those affected are also people who have been voting Republican for decades and calling dysfunctional government "good."  This is the price we pay for voting into office people who think government is the enemy.  Maybe it is time to bite the bullet.

Ummm hate to break this to you but government is the enemy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-16-2018, 09:30 PM