Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration.
(01-16-2018, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Refresh my memory.

What is Trumps position on DACA?  If both he and the Democrats want it then why don't we have it?

Trump in the end is willing to give in on DACA if he gets immigration reforms. Which would include:

Raise Act
Ending chain migration
Ending diversity lottery
Building a wall or even partial wall with more ICE agents and border patrol.

Chain migration and diversity lottery are easy. Both sides know those are going away. Those would pass if they were sent through on a clean bill. Dems are fighting the wall because they are just trying to thwart Trump campaign promise. The reality is we need it and some wall needs repaired. Gotta be some sort of compromise there with Trump getting some wall plus repairs. The real debate is te raise act vs the DACA people. Which I don’t know why democrats don’t support, it takes away the immigration criteria from country of origin to the individual. Which would be no racism. Now there are some issues with that, in Canada they have a lot of Asians. Australia’s fix for this is to have a certain percentage be low skilled labor. Which I think is appropriate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration. - StLucieBengal - 01-16-2018, 09:54 PM