Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration.
(01-17-2018, 12:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What "folks" are you talking about?  Generalities aren't helpful in this regard.

Perhaps you should read more. There are stories of people losing their healthcare that said they didn't think Trump would really push for it. There are people on this board who won't hold Trump to his statements about Mexico paying for the wall and quite happy for US taxpayers to pay for it when that's not what his agenda was.

(01-17-2018, 12:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Assuming your statement contains some degree of accuracy, I would also point out that it would be close to impossible for a person to agree with every single position a candidate espouses.  Generally, in the adult world, we vote for the person we agree with the most, or who agrees with us on the issues we feel to be the most important.

100% accuracy. And I understand that. And if they are opposed to part of the agenda, even if they voted for the candidate, they should speak up about it.

(01-17-2018, 12:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who is "we"?  You and the Dems?  The Dems would oppose him regardless, they made that clear on 11/08/17 when they already started talking impeachment.  Not that the GOP was much more fair to Obama, but at least they had control of Congress to justify their obstructionism, checks and balances and all.

"we" includes anyone who opposes a waste of time and money like "the wall". That is democrats and republicans.

As you say, the Democrats are in the minority. Not much they can do but try to point out how bad an idea/bill/suggestion is. The GOP has control and can do as they please for the most part.

But my question remains the same: Do we have to not try and stop a stupid thing simply because the party I belong to is in the minority?

(01-17-2018, 12:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The bottom line is this, the Dems (the minority party in every regard) are, apparently, willing to shut down the federal government, an action that will hurt US citizens, because they aren't getting what they want on the subject of people who are in the country illegally.  This is a fact, no amount of lipstick will make that pig any prettier.

The Democrats can not shut down the government. All the power lies with the GOP and your boy Trump. And Trump will do it because he can't get his ego trip wall paid for by you and me.

Spinning enough will only make you dizzy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration. - GMDino - 01-17-2018, 12:36 PM